My Photo
Name:
Location: Warren, Pa, United States

Retired Choral Director from Warren Area High School who still does musical things.

Thursday, December 30, 2004

Alumnus Party Night

The big event of the day was a party at our place for choir alumnae. It was really all Sarah Pescha's fault. She suggested a little get together, so I started a yahoo group to get in touch with graduates, and things develeped from there. I called a healthy chunk of alums from last year, and a couple from the year before (I didn't have the class of 03 phone list at home).

A pretty decent sized crowd showed up and seemed to have a good time. We all sat around, yacked, ate, and attempted a few old choir songs. We even broke out the DDR game after awhile and jumped around to burn off the egg rolls. The party broke up around 10:30, which is nice. Ten is usual teacher bed-time, and I don't socialize well too long after that point.

I did my best to spread the word in only a few days. I told everyone I called to invite any old choir buddies that they knew were in town, but I couldn't get to everyone. I hope that I didn't bruise any egos by not being able to reach everyone personally. Over the last two years that would have amounted to about 75 people. I'm not sure the house could have handled the stress.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home