My Photo
Name:
Location: Warren, Pa, United States

Retired Choral Director from Warren Area High School who still does musical things.

Thursday, December 22, 2005

The Concerts are done!

Ahhhh, what a feeling. As much as I love doing the whole choir thing, there is nothing like knowing that all the concerts are behind you for the first semester. I am really looking forward to two weeks to spend with family & friends, sleeping in, taking in a few movies, and just relaxing for awhile.

The concert was supposed to be Thurs. the 15th, but snow postponed it until this past Tuesday. It shouldn't have been a big deal, but it sort of messed up "my groove". You get all geared up and ready to go, and then you have to wait for five more days. It just throws off your timing.

The concert went pretty well, overall. There were some serious soprano sharping problems in spots, but otherwise it went very well. My biggest screw up was dropping a song from A Cappella's lineup (the music somehow disappeared from my stand). The solos all went well, with no girls sobbing backstage this time around. That's always a plus. The Divas were the biggest standout in my mind this time around. Half the size of last years group with twice the volume and 10 times the heart. As long as I pick good music for this group, they are going to do some impressive work this year. Now if we can only sell enough tickets to pay for those uniforms....

We sang in front of the student body today. They would get quiet eventually, but the hooting and hollering for individual friends between songs got to be pretty obnoxious. It's pretty embarrassing. They can't seem to tell the difference between a concert and a World Wrestling Federation Cage Match. As connected as we all are in the post-modern world, I sometimes forget that I live in the sticks until something like this. Northern Rednecks. Spare me.

To lighten things up on the last day of school, I unveiled my latest masterpiece, "My Least Favorite Things". It has a few good zingers in it, but they all seemed to get a laugh out of it.

Well, time to get my Santa suit on. We open presents on the first free day of vacation to keep Christmas uncluttered. Hope we struck a good balance with the presents this year. The price of gas and taxes when up by a lot bigger percentage than my salary ever has. Maybe Santa will leave me an Exxon card.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home