My Photo
Name:
Location: Warren, Pa, United States

Retired Choral Director from Warren Area High School who still does musical things.

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Another Pops Concert Over


I looked over my ancient blog, and decided to dust it off. It's funny how the few blogs that I write take place immediately after concerts. Who has time for blogging before concerts?

So, what to say? The concert went well, with no major blunders and another senior class that I am sorry to lose. You would think that after all the years I've been in this biz it would get easier, but it never does. After four years of making music together, you can't help but get attached.

What's next? The usual end of the year stuff - Auditions for Acap/Mads/Divas/District Choir, Mads at the Sr. Award Ceremony, Acap at Baccalaureate, and Mads at commencement. Nothing very challenging from here.

While gearing down at school, I can gear up for summer music school. I'm teaching a "vocal percussion" class along with brass lessons. This should be interesting. I'm not like to find a ready-made curriculum for this anywhere. Gotta love the path less traveled by.

There's also pen making. It's all Steph's fault for buying me the lathe and book on how to do it. I've got a bunch of really cool pens now, but they're starting to stack up, and the materials are a real drain on the bank account. The next project is going to be www.paragonpens.com. I've been given the ultimatum that I have to sell some of the ones I have in order to continue to feed my habit. Sample below.
Other plans include sprucing up the PMEA D2 website, making some tutorial videos, doing some commercial audio for Audio Jungle for fun & (very little) profit, a couple dozen books, vacation (who knows where this early), helping out with "Secret Garden" occasionally, a conference at PSU, and building a back porch swing with Roman. That should do for awhile.

There. That's my current life for awhile. I can turn to philosophical, religious, cultural, and political rants later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home